Some people are born with naturally beautiful teeth and gums, but the majority of people would like to change some aspect of their smile. The good news is that there are many cosmetic dentistry procedures available today that can give you a complete ‘smile makeover’ – and the results could take as little as two appointments to achieve! We invite you to contact Massa Dental Center in Naples, FL to learn more about our cosmetic denistry services.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry improves the aesthetic appearance of the teeth, but not necessarily the function. However, Dr. Massa feels aesthetic’s and function should go hand and hand. Cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry can have the same goal, for instance when a dental implant is used to replace a damaged tooth. But usually cosmetic dentistry has the goal of giving you a dazzling smile without addressing issues such as gum disease, decay, or other functional problems. Dr. Massa uses cosmetic dentistry to improve patients’ tooth shape, position, color, alignment, and overall appearance, but makes sure all other issues are addressed as well.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Practices Do You Use?
Dr. Massa provides everything necessary to give you a perfect smile.
- Veneers – Ultra-thin porcelain shells are placed over the front sides of the teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of the teeth. They can correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped, or badly discolored teeth.
- Contouring and reshaping – We subtly change the shape of a tooth or teeth by removing small amounts of the tooth enamel. This painless procedure makes minor adjustments in the appearance of a tooth.
- Gum contouring – Thanks to our Biolase laser, we can reduce gummy smiles and adjust the gum line.
- Whitening – We offer in-office or at-home whitening that can make your teeth 10-12 shades whiter.
- Invisalign – Although technically functional, moving improperly positioned teeth with the Invisalign system of clear aligners creates a beautiful end result with far less irritation and pain, and without the patient having a “metal mouth.”
- BOTOX – While people will notice your bright, perfect smile, they’ll still see your crow’s feet, the 11s between your brows, and your forehead wrinkles. Dr. Massa provides BOTOX® to rejuvenate the upper third of your face along with your smile.
How Should I Choose A Cosmetic Dentist?
When trying to find the right cosmetic dentist to suit your needs, it’s important to look at the overall scope of the practice. Dr. Massa doesn’t simply dabble in procedures such as providing porcelain veneers. Veneers are an important part of full-mouth makeovers. His laser expertise is great for giving you a better gum line, but it’s also critical for treating gum disease. Advanced training and experience are critical. Dr. Massa operates a mercury-free practice and replaces old silver amalgam fillings with modern cosmetic resin. This is cosmetically pleasing, but removing amalgam from his practice is a health issue, as well.
To him, all of these services are related and intertwined. The health and appearance of your smile is our sole focus, and that should provide reassurance if your goals are simply cosmetic or a full-mouth reconstruction.
Dr. Massa is not only a family and general dentist, but he has extensive training in neuromuscular dentistry to help his patients get through temporomandibular joint disorder. He also treats sleep apnea by providing custom night mouth guards to properly position the jaw.
See What Our Patients Are Saying:
“The absolute most amazing dental experience. Very professional, friendly staff I have ever encountered. Beautiful office & they took their time.” -K.L.
Whether you have misaligned, gapped, cracked, or discolored teeth, or a perhaps a gummy smile, the first step toward a smile makeover is to schedule your smile analysis with Dr. James Massa! During your appointment, he will conduct an examination of your teeth and gums and you can discuss the features of your smile that you would like to change. Based on your goals and years of experience, Dr. Massa can then recommend the best treatment options for you.
Through a combination of expert cosmetic dentistry and an artistic eye, The Massa Dental Center has been able to transform the smiles of many of their patients in Naples and Ft. Myers, Florida. For most, the results not only improve their smiles, but their self-confidence and self-esteem as well – making the process more of an overall extreme makeover. Whether it is tooth colored restorations, a new smile with porcelain veneers, or a little botox to enhance, The Massa Dental Center provides the highest quality treatment to care for your individual needs.
Remarkable Esthetic Dentistry and Smile Design