What is Vivos®?
Traditionally patients with sleep apnea are prescribed CPAP or oral appliances to treat their sleep apnea symptoms. While these treatments are highly effective, they don’t do anything to correct the underlying causes of sleep apnea. Vivos®, on the other hand, does correct the underlying causes of airway obstruction. The Vivos® daytime-nighttime appliance (DNA) system gradually expands the palate to create the needed room in the airway and mouth to allow patients to comfortably breathe throughout the night. The Vivos® system accomplishes this by gradually increasing the size of the upper jaw by remodeling the bones to create the correct airway structure without surgery. Oftentimes an underdeveloped jaw and/or narrow dental arches are the cause of the airway obstruction.
- You can finally breathe a literal sigh of relief! Dr. Massa is now offering new hope for a possible lasting solution for millions of people who suffer from mild-to-moderate sleep apnea, snoring, and sleep-disordered breathing. Individual results may vary.
Vivos® Treatment Steps
Patients who are seeking sleep apnea treatment from our sleep dentist in Naples will first visit us for a consultation. If you have not already received a sleep apnea diagnosis, Dr. Massa will refer you to take a home sleep test or visit a sleep clinic for an official diagnosis.
Following a diagnosis, Dr. Massa will examine your head and neck, take a CBCT scan, intra-oral photos, and measurements. Once we complete the diagnostic procedures we can proceed with an Airway Intelligence Report. This involves a complete assessment and evaluation, airway measurements, and treatment goals and plan.
Based on your diagnosis, we will create a custom Vivos® appliance for you to wear for 10 to 12 hours per day. Traditionally, patients will put it in after eating dinner and wear it overnight until the following morning. It will gradually expand the size of a patient’s jaw to eliminate sleep apnea symptoms.
Vivos® For Children
Vivos® isn’t just an oral appliance for adults, but also for children suffering from jaw development and breathing issues.
- Do you have a child who struggles with ADD/ADHD, bedwetting, chronic allergies, dark circles under the eyes, swollen tonsils and adenoids, trouble at school, irritability, frequent headaches, restless sleep, snoring, aggressive behavior, daytime drowsiness, nightmares, or night terrors, arrested growth or crowded/crooked teeth? It may not be what you think!
- When a child has an undeveloped upper and/or lower jaw, the airway could be impacted, and the child may struggle with other health issues during their lifetime. It may not be what you think so call us today at (239) 597-7333 for an evaluation by Dr. Massa.
- Massa Dental Center is now working with children who struggle to breathe when they sleep by using a system of orthodontic appliances and therapies. These treatments may help the upper and lower jaws to develop and reshape the oral cavity fully. As these areas develop more fully, the child’s airway may widen and expand, allowing the child to breathe better, and some of these symptoms may disappear. When children can breathe properly, they can begin to grow, learn, and blossom into their full potential.
- Please join us for a Parent Educational Presentation to learn more about how these symptoms may be affecting people of all ages. Seating is limited, so please call the office at (239) 597-7333 to reserve a space. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity!
Benefits of Vivos®
Vivos® is an innovative technology and works as a treatment option for sleep disorders such as snoring and sleep apnea, in addition to TMJ disorders. Patients can also enjoy these benefits:
- Nearly invisible appliance
- Comfortable to wear
- Improves sleep quality
- Pain-less treatment
- Long-term sleep apnea relief
- Not noisy
- Easy to travel with
- Increases daytime energy
Want to get a better night of sleep and improve your quality of life? With Vivos®, you can. Schedule a consultation with Naples sleep dentist, Dr. Massa at Massa Dental Center by calling us at (239) 597-7333 today.